The six volumes of Modernist Cuisine
|Author||Nathan Myhrvold with Chris Young and Maxime Bilet|
|Cover artist||Ryan Matthew Smith|
|Publisher||The Cooking Lab|
|14 March 2011|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
|LC Class||TX651 .M94 2011|
La France s’est imposée lors de l’édition 2017 de la Coupe de Monde de la Pâtisserie, rendez-vous international référent de la profession depuis 1989, créée par Gabriel Paillasson, président fondateur. Parmi les 22 équipes composées de 3 professionnels spécialisés (sucre, chocolat, glace) venues de 4 continents, l’équipe de France composée d’Etienne Leroy, Bastien Girard et Jean-Thomas Schneider a réussi un parcours sans faute au terme de 10 heures d’épreuves, suivie par le Japon et la Suisse.
La France obtient le trophée comme en 2013, grâce à un très beau travail d’équipe et des notes de dégustation qui ont fait la différence. Le Japon prend définitivement ses habitudes dans le trio de tête et prouve sa grande régularité parmi les meilleures nations de la pâtisserie. Après une longue absence, la Suisse n’a pas mis longtemps à retrouver le chemin du podium et offre une belle surprise après la wild card obtenue à la Coupe Europe en janvier dernier.
Gabriel Paillasson, président fondateur de la Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie, exprime sa satisfaction sur le concours : « Toutes les nations, même les moins aguerries ont fait du très bon travail. C’était un magnifique événement avec beaucoup d’ambiance, à l’image de la belle évolution de la pâtisserie dans le monde. »
Bread is a staple food prepared from a dough of flour and water, usually by baking. Throughout recorded history it has been popular around the world and is one of the oldest artificial foods, having been of importance since the dawn of agriculture.
Proportions of types of flour and other ingredients vary widely, as do modes of preparation. As a result, types, shapes, sizes, and textures of breads differ around the world. Bread may be leavened by processes such as reliance on naturally occurring sourdough microbes, chemicals, industrially produced yeast, or high-pressure aeration. Some bread is cooked before it can leaven, including for traditional or religious reasons. Non-cereal ingredients such as fruits, nuts and fats may be included. Commercial bread commonly contains additives to improve flavor, texture, color, shelf life, and ease of manufacturing.
Bread is served in various forms with any meal of the day. It is eaten as a snack, and used as an ingredient in other culinary preparations, such as sandwiches, and fried items coated in bread crumbs to prevent sticking. It forms the bland main component of bread pudding, as well as of stuffings designed to fill cavities or retain juices that otherwise might drip out
to read more:
Randomized trial suggests eating bread made with ancient grains
could benefit heart health
- September 28, 2016
- Eating bread made with ancient grains could help lower cholesterol and blood glucose, a recent randomized trial suggests. Compared with modern grain varieties which are often heavily refined, ancient grains offer antioxidant and anti-inflammatory profiles. They also contain beneficial vitamins (B and E), minerals (eg, magnesium, iron, potassium), which protect against chronic diseases.
2016 new guide Michelin
The wait is over and the results are out, with the new guide no doubt bringing with it frustration and elation in equal measure. Still considered by many to be the ultimate restaurant guide, a nod from Michelin can turn even the remotest restaurant into a popular dining destination and add perennial appeal to venues in otherwise seasonal locations.
There were seventeen new entries this year, with fifteen restaurants being awarded their first star. The announcement yielded some interesting regional results, with both Newcastle and Leeds gaining their first stars in some years. Northern Ireland fared well, with Belfast now holding two Michelin stars, while down in the Republic of Ireland, Dublin lost two stars, gained a new one and there was a new star won for Galway by Loam.
While there were no new entries into the two and three star categories last year, this year’s list sees two restaurants awarded two Michelin stars. These restaurants, Umu and The Araki, are both Mayfair-based Japanese restaurants – perhaps unsurprising given the growing popularity of Japanese fine dining around the world and the guide’s growing presence in Japan.
Being in a relationship usually means always finding ways to show your partner that you love them. One of the most effective ways of doing this is by commemorating some of your achievements in the most memorable manner possible. For instance, when you are in a relationship, you may need to celebrate the anniversary of the relationship with your loved one. The commonest way to do this for most people is to simply go to a restaurant and have a nice time reminiscing about it while enjoying a nice meal. However, if you are interested in making it as memorable as possible, you might need to think outside the box in order to give it a more special feel.
Having the celebration at home
One of the ways of doing this is by organizing the anniversary celebrations at home rather than having to go out. This is a very good way of doing it when it’s impossible or inconvenient to go out. Most people think that celebrating an anniversary at home is a boring thing. However, the fact of the matter is that as long as you plan it properly, you are likely to end up having a lot more fun compared to even visiting a restaurant. Some of the issues you need to address in order to facilitate this include:
• Have the catering done properly
The first thing you will need to address is the kind of catering that you get. Being a special event, it might not be a good idea for you to cook what you regularly eat. In such a setting, it would be a good idea for you to shoot for something out of the ordinary. For instance, there are some catering companies which can send you a personal chef for such an occasion. The benefit of hiring such a catering service is that you will end up having the kind of food you would eat in a high quality restaurant right in your living room. The best thing about it is that since the chef will be in the house, you can ask them to make the food however you want it made.
• Sort out the ambience
You might also need to figure out how to make the ambience feel a bit more special. There are a number of things that can be done in order to facilitate this. For instance, you could make it a candlelit dinner instead of a regular one. You can even take it one step further and get scented candles instead of the regular ones. You might also need to have it tidied up to make it more attractive.
• Dealing with the kids
If you have kids, you may also need to factor them when you are planning an anniversary dinner at home. If you need to have some privacy, you should arrange to have them hosted in another location. For instance, you can ask a friend or family member you trust to take care of them for the duration that you want them to. This way, you can then have some privacy during the event.
In summary, it is important to know that having a special anniversary dinner at home is a very good idea, but only if you plan and execute it well!
If the birthday of someone in your family is coming soon then you need to do all the preparations on time, in order for everything to be perfect. This includes shopping for gifts and presents, finding the perfect location for a birthday party, hiring a DJ, etc. Also, you might want to consider taking advantage of personal chef services too, especially if cooking is not your greatest strength. Here is how a personal chef can make everyone feel great during the upcoming birthday party.
1. A personal chef can prepare customized menus. Every one of us has different food preferences and it is normal to be so. You just have to communicate those preferences to the personal chef and he will make sure that you and your family members are completely satisfied. An experienced chef can prepare anything you like, from barbecue dishes to Mediterranean foods or even Chinese meals, so that your birthday party will be exquisite.
2. A personal chef will take care of dietary restrictions. In a similar fashion, most of us also have different dietary restrictions. For example, some people are not allowed to eat salty, others have allergies to certain ingredients, etc. A personal chef will take into account all these things and he will prepare delicious meals which will not affect your health and wellbeing afterwards.
3. A personal chef doesn’t add preservatives into the foods. He is coming to the location of the event and prepares meals from the freshest ingredients, without adding any preservatives or extra ingredients which might be harmful for you. Basically, you eat healthier if you hire a personal chef!
4. A personal chef will clean your kitchen afterwards. On the other hand, if you decide to have the birthday party at your place, you might be happy to know that the experienced chef will also clean your kitchen after the party, including all the cooking appliances, electronics and kitchen utensils too.
5. A personal chef saves you a lot of time. It would take you a long period of time to shop for all the required ingredients, prepare various types of foods and obviously, the birthday cake. If you want to spend this amount of time shopping for gifts and presents then hire a personal chef. He will buy all the ingredients for you and prepare appetizing meals while you use your free time more productively.
6. A personal chef will take a burden off from your shoulders. During the birthday party, you will smile and enjoy this happy event just like everyone else, without worrying about bringing the food or making sure that the birthday cake is ready. Basically, a personal chef can relieve you of the stress which is usually associated with birthday parties.
Plus, personal chefs are not that expensive anymore and they can tailor their catering services to all your personal needs.http://chefalain.ca/3-important-things-you-need-to-sort-out-when-hosting-an-anniversary-dinner-at-home/ So, if you are convinced that this is a good idea then make sure that you call us today and let us plan more details for your upcoming event!